Leisure and tourism
Holidays in Britain
- Located on the South Coast of England in Dorset.
- It has good weather with warm summers and mild winters.
- It is a seaside resort and popular for holidays.
- Plenty of facilities such as donkey rides, roller coasters, amusements, Punch and Judy and tennis and bowls.
- There are a wide variety of tourist attractions on the mainland such as nature reserves, golf courses, firework
displays, sea-life centre, old buildings, swimming pools and leisure complexes.
- The water is safe for water-sports and children.
- There is plenty of car parking.
- It is easily accessible with train stations and bus / coach stops, ferry terminals and an airport.
- There is a harbour and marina.
- Large varieties of places to stay from top hotels to low budget caravan parks.
- Many special events are put on free of charge like firework displays to attract extra visitors.
- Seasonal trade means cheap long-term holidays (hotels offered for conferences etc during the off-peak