Leisure and tourism
Tourism in LEDCs
- The climate of Jamaica is very good with a maximum of 27°C. The temperature only changes from 25°C - 27°C which
gives a steady climate.
- Nearly 1 million visitors visit Jamaica each year.
- The landscape is mountainous.
- The coastline is 800km long so there are many beaches to choose from!
- Jamaica has its own airport.
- The climate is generally warm and sunny.
- Water-sports are popular both on the beaches and in the sea.
- There is a large range of wildlife with encourages bird watches etc.
- The people of Jamaica are known for their hospitality and making people feel welcome.
- There is a great range of accommodation - many hotels now offer the popular all inclusive deals.
- Jamaica is situated South of Cuba and Kingston is its largest city and capital.
- Tourists are recommended to stay away from some areas.
- Beaches can be full of local traders.
- Cannabis is sold openly and on beaches.
- Some areas are very poor.
- Food outside the hotel may cause stomach upsets.
- Vaccinations needed before travelling.