- Many diseases can be spread by water contamination. Below is a case study on Cholera:
- Cholera spreads when sanitation is poor.
- Organisms from sewage find their way into drinking water.
- It is caught by eating or drinking something that has been contaminated by the waste of a person who has
- Causes diarrhoea, violent vomiting, and cramp.
- The victim looses liquid causing dehydration.
- The disease can kill but only if not treated straight away.
- The spread of Cholera can be prevented by education people, improving sanitation and infrastructure, and
providing a clean water supply.