GCSE English Language
A selection of different types of language.
- Formal - Language used for a professional feel such as in a business letter.
- Informal - Language used in an everyday situation which may include slang.
- Slang - Used in general conversation and not found in the dictionary.
- Informative - Gives the reader specific information such as facts and figures.
- Descriptive - Uses many adjectives to help explain what is being spoken about.
- Emotive - Uses many adjectives to explain a person's feelings.
- Dialogue - Text that is being spoken.
- Emphasising - Drawing attention to a particular point.
- Persuasive - Trying to force a particular point of view on someone.
- Imperative - Gives the reader instructions and orders.