Life processes and cell activity
The 7 life processes are what all living organisms do. You must learn these for the exam. A good way of doing this is remembering the phrase "Mrs Gren"
- M - Movement - Animals move to find food and away from predators. Plants move towards light.
- R - Reproduction - Both animals and plants reproduce to make their species carry on.
- S - Sensitivity - Animals and plants are sensitive to light.
- G - Growth - Animals grow larger and stronger which helps them hunt better.
- R - Respiration - Animals and plants must turn their food into energy.
- E - Excretion - Waste products must be excreted from plants and animals.
- N - Nutrition - Animals need food for respiration and plants need minerals from the soil.