GCSE help & advice
- Make sure you answer the question. If there are two parts to a question ensure you answer both.
- Make sure you use information given in the question. Use tables and graphs if given to back up your answer.
- Always label diagrams with as much detail as you can.
- Draw diagrams in pencil as you may need to make changes later.
- Check your spelling, punctuation and grammar carefully as there may be extra marks awarded for this.
- When drawing graphs always label the axes with their name and the units you are using e.g. Time (seconds).
- When asked to draw a line of best fit, draw a line which has the same number of points on each side and goes
through as many points as possible.
- When doing calculations show your workings clearly you may pick up extra marks whether in Maths or another
- Always give the correct units in an answer to a calculation.