The League of Nations
- Between Poland and Lithuania (2 new states).
- Private Polish army took over Vilna (capital of Lithuania).
- Lithuania asked for help.
- League protested to Poland.
- Poland did not withdraw.
- League did nothing Poland kept Vilna.
Upper Silesia 1921
- Germany and Poland wanted control of this rich iron and steel region.
- Vote was organised (plebiscite).
- Industrial areas voted Germany.
- Rural areas voted Poland.
- Region divided and both countries accepted.
Aaland Islands 1921
- Sweden and Finland wanted control.
- Both prepared to go to war.
- League ruled for Finland.
- Sweden accepted.
- War avoided.
- Border between Greece and Albania.
- Italian general murdered whilst doing job.
- Mussolini bomber Corfu (Greek island).
- Greece appealed to league.
- League condemned Mussolini's actions and ordered reparations.
- Mussolini persuaded league to change its mind.
- Greek troops invaded Bulgaria.
- Bulgaria asked League for help.
- League ordered Greece out and to pay reparations.
- Greeks reluctantly obeyed.
- Complained one rule for big countries and another rule for small ones.
- SUCCESS (But criticised by Greece)