Weather and climate
- The main points on how a hurricane occurs:
- A lot of heat is needed for hurricanes to occur therefore they usually occur over tropical seas.
- The warm air rises which creates and area of low pressure.
- The air cools after it has risen. This causes towering clouds and intense rainfall.
- Air is sucked across the sea into the centre because of the low pressure.
- Strong winds spiral upwards due to the earths rotation.
- The eye is caused by air rising and preventing air falling apart from in the middle.
- General conditions of hurricanes: 75 mph winds | heavy rain | thunder | lightning | moving at 12 mph.