Leisure and tourism
What is a honeypot?
- A honeypot is an area that attracts many tourists (just like a honeypot attracting bees!).
- There are 3 main types of honeypot which are given below with case studies.
- A historical honeypot has an historical interest.
- It attracts historians and tourists.
- A good example of a historical honeypot is Stonehenge.
- The stones are as old as the pyramids in Egypt!
- A leisure honeypot is a place where people can go to have fun or relax.
- It attracts many different people.
- Theme parks are a good example of leisure honeypots as they have thousands of visitors each year.
- A physical honeypot is where an object attracts people's attention and makes them want to visit.
- Mountains are an example of physical honeypots.