- A mixture of urine, water and faeces stored in a large tank to be treated and used later as a fertiliser.
- The problem is, sometimes large amounts of untreated slurry leaks into streams having disastrous effects.
- Silage liquid is formed by the juices that run out when freshly cut grass is made into bales of silage by
- Silage liquid is acidic and very rich in bacteria.
- Silage is also a very large problem when it leaks into local streams because it is very acidic.
- The bacteria use up all of the oxygen so animals and fish that live in the steam die.